What is TLSAMP?
The University of Memphis is one of six schools partnered in the Tennessee Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (TLSAMP). The goal of TLSAMP is to increase the number of underrepresented students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at UofM by at least 100% within a five-year period. In order to reach this goal, we have three objectives:
1. to recruit underrepresented students to pursue science or engineering as a career,
2. to improve the quality of the learning environment for underrepresented STEM students,
3. to ensure that a larger number of undergraduates are prepared to enter graduate programs.
This program is designed to give special attention to your needs to help you be successful in completing a STEM degree program. TLSAMP offers:
- tutorial programs
- mentoring programs
- supplemental instructions
- student support
- a summer bridge program
- undergraduate research opportunities
If you are student majoring in a STEM area (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) feel free to fill out an application or contact us for more information.